[TriLUG] semi-OT: mail relaying broken for other time warner customers?

Lisa Lorenzin via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Mar 23 15:17:36 EDT 2015

matt, thanks for confirming that we're not the only ones running into
this... :(

lance, thanks for the suggestion!  we considered just going with that kind
of workaround for this (especially since we just switched from their DNS
servers to OpenDNS to bypass the DNS resolution problems due to
unreachability of their DNS servers). but to be honest, i'm rather
incandescently pissed off at them for just breaking this with no warning,
enough so that i'm willing to fight with their tech support to see if we
can get it fixed.

if they aren't willing to return us to the level of service we've had for
the past decade, i'd rather find another internet provider than keep
giving them our money. (anybody have suggestions for alternatives in north
durham? :) )

especially since when i asked about the recent DNS outages, internet
reachability issues, etc. i was told that they were "most likely" side
effects of the network upgrade in progress... which they expect to
complete around the end of may.  i don't have _any_ interest in paying
them for unreliable internet connectivity for two more months!

                                         regards,

                                                 lisa