[TriLUG] Fully OT: Time to leave TWCBC? was: Re: semi-OT: mail relaying broken for other time warner customers?

Brian via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Mar 24 12:10:30 EDT 2015

That's very impressive.  More impressive that they broke outbound SMTP
forwarding for business class a long time before they broke it for
residential.  I'm a business-class user and I've been relaying through
pilot.trilug.org for a year or more now because of the changes to
TWCBC's outbound SMTP policies.  It's now a service they want to sell, I
think; my account doesn't even include an e-mail address (but I can get
one for the low low monthly price of $ridiculous!).

Maybe it's time to drop TWCBC for lower-cost, higher-speed (but possibly
lower-reliability) residential.  BC 15/2.5 is still over $100/mo while
residential 50/5 is $65/mo... Now that I don't live in a super-dense
apartment complex (and now that TWCBC front-line support is no better
than residential..five years ago, you called and got a local
person...now you get the computer followed by the offshore call center),
maybe now is the time...

-B