[TriLUG] Router recommendations

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Jul 3 08:56:35 EDT 2015

On Fri, 3 Jul 2015, Peter Neilson via TriLUG wrote:

> What's best for "home use" where my Android phone and my Brother printer are
> the only wireless clients, at least right now? Wirecutter recommends TP-LINK's
> Archer C7 (not the C8). It's about $90 on Amazon.

I go for hardware that is openwrt compatible.  The C7 works with openwrt. I like
hardware with lots of flash so I can run other stuff on the router as well. This
limits you to the Netgear WNDR3700 and the WNDR4300 with 128/128 or the Buffalo
AG300H with 32/128. Make sure you know which version (v1, v2...) you're buying
as the manufacturers change the specs without changing the model number

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/start

I also like having a/g/n. I use the a to ship bits around the house and let
people use the g.

Joe

jmack (at) austintek (dot) com - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml