[TriLUG] A sad comment on our culture

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Oct 12 11:40:40 EDT 2015

Folks,

I was just introduced to a couple of blog posts, the first commenting on
the unfortunate culture that seems to have formed within various
developer groups in the Open Source world, and specifically, Linux.

It is a re-inforcement of the Steering Committee's push to create the
Anti-Harassment Policy, which I think should be better advertised on the
TriLUG.org web site.  I had to do some hunting to try and find it.

These posts are from a senior Linux kernel developer; well, a former
kernel developer.

http://sarah.thesharps.us/2015/10/05/closing-a-door/

The second discusses a plan to provide a proper environment for "people"
to live and work together reasonably, in a friendly community.

http://sarah.thesharps.us/2015/10/06/what-makes-a-good-community/

Brian