[TriLUG] A sad comment on our culture

Matt Whitlow via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Oct 12 11:46:04 EDT 2015

While you make a good point about be more open about our policy, it seemed
her post was not about harassment, rather about the brutal comments, the
kernel development is known to be a harsh, brutal, and unforgiving
community but it lowers the chance of bad code getting into the community
when you aren't afraid to question someone's code. I am not saying it is a
good nor healthy environment but it works. And not everyone can work in
those conditions, for me that is a good work environment because that's
where my personality fits. For people who don't like confrontation it isn't
the best place. I am sad to see a Kernel Developer leave, but I would
rather this be the reason than her being harassed or singled out.