[TriLUG] Display Oddity with KDE

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Jun 7 11:12:32 EDT 2016

I recently installed Linux on a new laptop and have multiple monitors
configured (laptop display plus two extra monitors).  I am having
trouble with the display when I use KDE in that the mouse pointer seems
to persist on the screen when the cursor is moved over an object, such
as a window or button, that is capable of taking the focus.  I have a
screen shot of this phenomenon, but I don't know if the list will allow
attachments.  These persistent pointers disappear when the window is
redrawn.  I have tried various window and mouse tweaks to no avail.  I
have consulted the great Oracle (Google) using every combination of
keywords I can think of and I am not getting relevant hits.  This
problem does not occur with XFCE, which I prefer in some ways, except
that it doesn't work as well with multiple displays at it assumes the
leftmost display will always be the primary (and it is not).

Has anyone encountered this and know how to resolve it?