[TriLUG] Off-Topic are WIFI routers just getting worse

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Mar 29 16:44:20 EDT 2017

It's not you.  I had been running an old linksys for many years with
DD-WRT and it finally up and croaked.  I replaced it with another unit
that I am pretty sure is WRT compatible but since I am just using it as
an AP on my LAN side, decided to leave it with the default firmware.

First thing I noticed is that the stupid XBox won't connect to it via
wireless.  I think it has something to do with compatibility of the
mode but I didn't really dig into it and just plugged the xbox into the
wired network, which was a mistake because now I see how much traffic
the damned thing generates.  I swear it is spying on us.