[TriLUG] Wireless AP recommendation

Ron Kelley via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Aug 24 12:07:15 EDT 2017

The power cord included in the box is about 3-4ft max.  As for using a PoE switch, the following URL gives a good indication of power loss vs cable length:

http://beyond-wifi.com/poe/poe-calc.html

Ubiquity sells a PoE switch if you want to use one:  https://www.ubnt.com/accessories/toughswitch

Hope this helps.