[TriLUG] Wireless AP recommendation

Dewey Hylton via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Aug 24 12:48:45 EDT 2017

I too have installed and still manage several deployments and absolutely love
the products. I have a few sites which run dedicated (vm-based) servers for the
java/mongodb controller software, but I also have a few leveraging the newer
"cloudkey" device and I now prefer the latter. The cloudkey device runs $70 or
so, and allows very easy management of the APs and switches and other things.

The ERL is a great little product; their USG is nearly identical from a hardware
standpoint, but requires the controller software (or cloudkey) for configuration
as opposed to the web interface provided by the ERL. Both are still manageable
via ssh, and (I think) they are vyatta-based.