[TriLUG] SCSI

Steve Holton via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Sep 27 12:18:41 EDT 2017

My recommendations concerning hardware and Linux:

Hardware will generally work well with Linux versions released around the
same time the hardware was introduced. If you're getting ten-year-old
hardware, you may find it only works well with a ten-year-old Linux distro.

The SCSI card I had 10 years ago worked fine ten years ago. But I have an
Adaptec network card tied to the Linux starfire driver which worked in 3.2
kernels and before, but won't initialize in 3.4 or 4.x series kernels
because of a change to memory handling,  and the driver hasn't been updated.