[TriLUG] Intel bug in the news today

Wes Garrison via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Jan 5 14:15:43 EST 2018

They happened.  In what way have they been debunked?

Both Madison River and Comcast stopped their behavior when the FCC asked
them to.

...but when Verizon sued the FCC to say they lacked the authority to
enforce Net Neutrality, the court agreed.

The FCC can no longer ask the ISPs to stop because they now lack any
authority to make them stop.

The FTC can not make them stop unless they promised not to violate Net
Neutrality principles.

In what way is prohibiting blocking, throttling, and paid prioritization
"heavy handed" government regulation?

This is unreasonable.

Wesley S. Garrison
Network Engineer
Xitech Communications, Inc.
phone:  (919) 260-0803
fax:       (919) 932-5051
"Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from email."