[TriLUG] OT: remote controlled antenna rotator

John Vaughters via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Jan 16 07:58:29 EST 2018

 Ron,
Ebay has some really cheap gear motors that should handle the task. Then you will need an H-Bridge motor driver that will hook up directly to an arduino, which are also cheap. I guess the question would be the gearing to the pole. Maybe some type of timing belt solution if you wan to maintain position, plain friction belt, sprocket and chain, or gear. Of course if you get the right gear motor, you could attach it directly to the antenna shaft.
Sounds like fun. Good Luck,
John Vaughters