[TriLUG] bulk email - gmail

Jeremy Davis via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Mar 28 01:45:10 EDT 2018

well in my case we were trying to send association material to members. I
helped them transition from a proprietary platform to WordPress. We
uploaded the existing list of members into mailchimp however the list was
shut down until all the flagged emails were scrubbed from the list. So
mailchimp was preventing spam I guess but it was brutal work trying to get
the list working, which people had subscribed to on the other platform.
People were not getting event notifications etc... it was stressful from
the event organizer standpoint..

I dont endorse mailchimp but in this case they were sort of preventing us
from spamming (seemingly noble)... however yes it is the prying of our
members info in return for free service that their greater evil lurks. So
yup.. We know the stuff is evil but often agree to it all because better
options are not apparent at that point in time.

TriLUG does a great job keeping up with Mailman.. and the server etc..
kudos to Alan Porter the Steering Committee and whoever has helped out.

 Jeremy Davis