[TriLUG] Router recommendations

Mike Viscount via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Oct 13 10:13:02 EDT 2018

I'm using Netgear R6400 Wireless AC1750 and been very happy with it.  Also
easy setup, lots of options you probably don't care about at least at the
moment, they are good about getting security patches out quickly and will
notify you when available assuming you set up an account with them.  Been
running mine for 3 or 4 years now and if it died I'd go buy another one.
In fact, at one point I was going to set up another access point and bought
one to use for that but after doing some testing determined that I didn't
need it so returned it.  Prices around $120ish I think.

Re Ubiquity - I've never heard a bad word about them and in fact I have a
Ubituity access point set up in my back yard and it's been flawless.  Don't
know how old it is since it was already in the house when I bought it but
if it died I'd go buy another one of those also.  If I had to guess I'd
think that it's about 4-5 years old.

Hope this helps!

Mike