[TriLUG] Looking for a good laptop for development

Pete Soper via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Nov 18 11:45:20 EST 2018

Where the screen size stops being a question of convenience and
qualitative factors is when somebody designs a GUI that creates a
catch-22. When there's a dialog box that has the "cancel" and "OK" or
next buttons below the bottom edge of your screen and there is no way to
get to that to click a button, you're hosed. Yesterday I had a case
where there where just a few pixels I could click on. Having to go use
the desktop with it's more pixel-rich display to complete this operation
would have been a pain. This is the point I took from Wes' advice: 768
pixels will be like a DB25 printer connector in the not too distant
future and many modern software tools are almost unusable already (e.g.
TI Code Composer Studio).

-Pete

On 11/18/18 11:25 AM, John Franklin via TriLUG wrote