[TriLUG] Android OS replacement

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Nov 30 13:52:32 EST 2018

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 01:09:49PM -0500, xjparkerx at icloud.com wrote:
> Have you looked at lineageos? ??It is the cyanogenmod successor.

I don't recognize that name.  Yes, I had heard of something that was the
replacement, but I thought it had a different name, not that I can
remember that one, either.

Yes, I have looked at a couple of different options, but, as I
understand it, I need to completely reformat the "disk" and start from
scratch.  I have done such things with Linux machines, but am hesitant,
not having any practical experience, to do so with an Android device
that I tend to use daily.

Thanks,
Brian