[TriLUG] MythTV and kin

Matthew Glassman via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri May 24 11:00:03 EDT 2019

So upstairs in South Durham, I have a Samsung SmartTV that is connected to
a Mohu Leaf (I don't recall the range).  The Leaf is as high up on the wall
as it (or I) can go.  I have an Silicon Valley Homerun tuner card and a
spare computer that is collecting dust.  I do not believe I would need the
DVR part of the equation but I realize that Myth records as it displays and
then shows can be tagged to be kept.  However I thought I recall back in
the day that you could sign up to get a guide and access to channels that
you normally wouldn't have.  This was back when cord cutting was first
starting out and I was looking at alternatives to reduce cable bill.  Right
now via a phone upgrade deal with ATT I have directtv now through an apple
tv but upstairs is all OTA.