[TriLUG] OT: comms inside a corrugated metal building

Wes Garrison via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Aug 15 09:10:22 EDT 2019

The distance limit on CAT 5e/6 is ~300ft.

Any longer than that and you need to run fiber.

If anyone wants to do that, I have direct-burial fiber and a Ditch Witch
410sx.

I'll trade use of the machine and my labor for labor helping me with my own
fiber project.

-Wes
Wesley S. Garrison
Network Engineer
Xitech Communications, Inc.
phone:  (919) 260-0803
fax:       (919) 932-5051
"Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from email."