[TriLUG] Financial Status (The pizza email)

Mauricio Tavares via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Oct 9 15:01:19 EDT 2019

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 2:14 PM Brian McCullough via TriLUG
<trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 09, 2019 at 01:33:17PM -0400, Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list wrote:
> > To that point, that's why I had my Amazon Smile configured for TriLUG, and
> > why I inquired what the 501c3 fee was.  But the conversation moved on...
>
> I apologize, William.
>
> I think that this one fell into the cracks of "someone else will do it."

      I would add there is a lot of stuff we do and stuff we also need
to do, like documenting everything (which kicks our ass consistently)
and the pilot issues. One set is a subset of the other.

> The IRS charges a fee of $600 to reinstate a lapsed 501(c)3 status.  (
> The same as the original filing fee, if I remember correctly. )
>
> We had a breakdown in communications from Steering Committee to Steering
> Committee over the years, and neglected to file the required annual
> documnetation regularly, so we were "dropped from the register," or
> something like that.

      And then we applied early this year to have this reinstated,
electronically. And were turned down and told to reapply by killing
trees and using paper forms with a letter explaining why we failed to
submit the proper forms.  Which is a new application and new fees.