[TriLUG] recommendations for UPS 12V batteries?

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Apr 18 15:43:09 EDT 2020

On Sat, 18 Apr 2020, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

>> Lately I've been getting batteries from Amazon with pretty good results.  I
>> check carefully for the F2 terminal listed in the write-up and look for any
>> reviews that say they received batteries with F1 connectors when it was
>> supposed to be F2.  I just got a couple of this model a few days ago and it
>> has the correct terminals The description says "T2" rather than "F2".  If I'm
>> reading it right, the F2 is the male connector on the battery and T2 is the
>> female connector on the wire - whatever, it's the right size.  They claim 9
>> AH rather than 7 AH which is standard for this form factor.
>> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EUGZMOE
>
> The Batteries Plus people are nice to me and I'm happy to support the local
> crowd. They're a bit more expensive than the Amazon ones, but that's OK.

I installed a set from Batteries Plus this morning. They were $40 each rather
than $30 ea for the Amazon ones. I like supporting my local store, but a 33%
premium was a bit over the top.

However as a control, I just I ordered a set from Amazon. (I have a couple of
the big UPSs, and I expect they're all going to die at the same time.) So in
2-10 years I'll have some data on whether it's the batteries or the UPSs.

Thanks for the recommendation on the Amazon batteries.

Joe

jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml