[TriLUG] Trilug Elections

Mauricio Tavares via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Apr 28 04:50:56 EDT 2021

Elections A-Coming!

It is about that time of the year when you get to vote to who will
lead trilug next! All positions are up to grab and we do need to fill
them up! Any current officer who wants to stay for another year needs
to be on the “ballot.”

Because of the COVID-19 thing we will need to look carefully at our
bylaws and ignore them: voting will be virtual. Probably something
like create a google questionnaire thingie and then put the people
there. And then you select all the people you want (maybe an AYE/NAY
checkbox?).

WHAT DO WE NEED

Candidates! There are 5 positions (https://trilug.org/about-steering/)

Chair -
Vice Chair -
Treasurer -
PR Officer -
SysAdmin -

and we need at least 5 bodies (this is not federal, state, or local
elections, so they all have to be alive). Want to be an officer?
Nominate yourself. Or nominate someone you like... or not. If you have
served and want a change in your position, again, put your name in the hat.

If you want to be a candidate, make sure you can commit the time and
effort. Also, it takes a team to make this work.

No Experience Necessary besides a desire to help the trilug community
and learn something (something; don't ask me complicate questions). It
is actually a great experience; we will help you out.

What does the steering committee do?

- Plan meeting topics and meeting logistics
- Keep our server-farm-of-one up-to-date and running
- Solicit donations from sponsors, offer some value in return
the drudgery of paperwork (bank, 501(3)c, etc).

Bottom line is it takes a team to make trilug to work. Without it
there is no trilug.

Speech or something. I know things are interesting but it would be
nice if people knew you existed if you are a candidate. So, how about
an announcement and a bit of a bio? Remember: when you don't you end
up with someone like me.

Dates. Since we are still in online mode, this may still be an
interesting topic. Officially the elections are on May but we can push
it down to June. Also, We can use our meetup page and/or website to
post about the candidates.

We do need some way to do the voting. I am open for discussion. I would like to
limit the number of dead people voting to a minimum; this is not
normal elections but just electing the trilug steering committee.

Every single position is fair game.

WHAT ELSE

Floor's open after we do voting.

Sponsor