[TriLUG] Updated to Ubuntu 20.04 and no wifi

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Feb 3 16:07:42 EST 2022

Saying module not found to suggests that the driver may not be
installed.  See this link: [Solved] WiFi not Working in Ubuntu Linux
(itsfoss.com) [1]

Apparently this is a big problem with Broadcom cards, but others as
well.  You will need a network connection, such as a wired, and then can
check for"additional drivers" under software & updates.

Maybe you'll get lucky and it's an easy fix.

On 2022-02-03 14:35, Matthew Glassman via TriLUG wrote:

> So I decided to upgrade my Linux distro from 18.04 to 20.04.  Now i my wifi doesn't exist.  It's an Intel dual band wireless 7265.
>
> Lspci shows the device
> Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 7265 (rev 99)
>
> lshw -C network shows
>
> *-network UNCLAIMED
> product: Wireless 7265
> vendor: Intel Corporation
> physical id: 0
> bus info: pci at 0000:03:00.0
> version: 99
> width: 64 bits
> clock:  33MHz
> capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list
> configuration: latency=0
> resources: memory:f1000000-f1001fff
>
> And sudo modprobe wl returns a FATAL: module not found in /lib/modules/5.4.0-1061.gke
>
> Any suggestions on a fix or what modprobe command can get it up and running.
>
> I didn't find any literature saying it was incompatible.

Links:
------
[1] https://itsfoss.com/fix-no-wireless-network-ubuntu/