[TriLUG] Switch from Spectrum Internet to AT&T Fiber

Wes Garrison via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Sep 22 21:59:39 EDT 2022

AT&T fiber is the bees' knees, and it's not an introductory rate.  That
doesn't mean they won't ever change it, but it doesn't go up annually like
Spectrum.

HOWEVER, the $55 price you quoted does NOT include the BS $10 equipment fee
and possibly a few others (I think) so make sure you know that ahead of
time.

It will probably be closer to $70.

The 300/300 is a great service and is sufficient for most folks, and only
the upstream bandwidth is shared with others on your PON splitter via TDMA,
the downstream uses WDMA so each person has their own wavelength, and you
get a full 300 all the time, basically.

Finally, look closely at the fiber jack; it may connect to the bottom
instead of the front, so you won't have to worry about your couch.
Wesley S. Garrison
Network Engineer
Xitech Communications, Inc.
phone:  (919) 260-0803
fax:       (919) 932-5051
"Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from email."