Topic:Coronavirus and TriLUG
Parking: Way over there
Map: Google Maps will get you close, but use the NCSU College of Textiles link for proper directions to building
As you have noticed, things have been getting interesting due to the COVID-19.
To name a few since I type slowly,
- UNC in Chapel Hill has prohibited gatherings with more than 50 people. Regardless of the wording, it has been interpreted by many as faculty, staff, or student are not to be somewhere with more than that magic number.
- NCSU has a similar rule but with its limit raised to 100 people.
- The governor of NC ordered the IEEE SoutheastCon 2020 closed yesterday. I do not know what the few speakers and participants who have flown to Raleigh will do until they are scheduled to fly back.
- Classes have been cancelled, Spring Break "extended", and online classes replacing physical ones planned.
- Our own March meeting at the School of Textile was cancelled, with emails sent about the cancellation from both the mailing list and meetup with a link for a virtual meeting instead.
So, how does that affect the TriLUG? Well. let's avoid using weasel words:
All of our live events are cancelled until further notice.
That includes at the very least the planned Kubernetes class in the end of the month and next month's meeting. Hopefully by then the weather would have warmed enough so the virus' grasp will have subsided. Of course the mailing list and irc channel will still be available; they are susceptible to other kinds of infection.
Be prepared for other conferences and events to be cancelled.
I am not going to do the standard "we will be judiciously monitoring the statues of the coronavirus" message since you can keep track of it on your own as well as we do. With that said, if you have questions do ask us. Worse case scenario is we will say we do not know the answer.
And stock on food and water, for you can only eat so much toilet paper.
COVID-19 a.k.a. the corona virus is not related to a Mexican beer of similar name.